Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break Adventurers

I wish that I could say I spent my spring break at some tropical location like Cancun, but that is not the case. We went to Potawotami Zoo and to West Lafayette! Almost like Cancun, but not quite.

I do have to confess that we did take our "Spring Break" a little bit early. In February, we took a fun trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida...Otherwise known as the Happiest Place on Earth. As you can see from the photo, the weather wasn't exactly tropical (it was actually really cold) but we still had a great time.

I am ready to go back to Disney already. I actually think I could live there. However, instead of Disney, we stayed in the great state of Indiana. Potowatomi Zoo was fun. Anna seemed to enjoy it, especially the tigers. I think they reminded her of our cat Lily (who she likes to chase, but Lily doesn't share Anna's affinity for that game.)

On Friday, we loaded the car up for an overnight trip to West Lafayette (Home of the Purdue Boilermakers) to visit my sister. My sister's birthday was April 3rd and she was having a party to celebrate. Her party was at a flower shop where all of the guests got to make a flower arrangement. It was very cool. I figured that Mark would prefer to stay with Anna at my sister's house during the party since all of the guests were women. However, Mark was very excited about doing an arrangement and was willing to overlook the estrogen fest. Here are photos of the arrangements we made:


Mark's arrangement is on the left and mine is on the right. Anna did not do an arrangement, but had a great time playing with the stems that were discarded. Mark and are still arguing about who is the better floral designer. :-) Should we consider opening our own floral shop?

All in all, it was a good spring break and definitely not ready to go back to school in the morning. Maybe we will have freak snowstorm that will cancel school and then melt all the snow by 10 AM and warm up to 70 degrees. A girl can dream right!!






No comments:

Post a Comment