- I want to experiment with making my own cleaning products. I have a list of "recipes" for cleaning products that non-toxic, great for the environment and cheap. Since being pregnant and having Anna, I have tried to stay away from chemical cleaners in the house and have been using products made by Shaklee (when I actually clean...maybe making these products will make me more motivated to do so.) Shaklee makes great products, but they are fairly expensive. So...If I can be successful at making these products, we will save a ton of money. I intend to blog about my adventures in doing this.
- Have a weekly "family day" with Mark and Anna. These past few months have been crazy busy and we have not spent much time together so I want to remedy that by going places like the zoo, the beach, the park, etc.
- Experiment with recipes in Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious Cookbook. Anna has gone on strike from eating veggies so I am going to try to sneak them into foods that she likes. She is a pretty smart cookie and has definitely opinions on what pleases her palate so we will see what happens in this arena.
- Connect with friends face to face. I have found that I have relied greatly on tools like email, texting and Facebook to stay connected with friends. These are well and good, but I feel that I have ignored the actual human connection lately so I hope to remedy that this summer (although I don't see myself stopping texting or Facebook anytime soon.) :-)
- Make a major life decision...That is all I am saying about that for now. Stay tuned for more details on that one! :-)
So those are my main focuses for this summer...I also want to read, catch up on some sleep, play with Anna, hang out with middle schoolers, and tons of other stuff.
It should be a great summer!!! :-)