Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Remembering a Wonderful Woman

One year ago today we received an early morning phone call informing us that Mark's mother, Jeanette, had passed away. She was an incredible woman of God and I was blessed to have her as mother-in-law. She was a proud grandmother and I am so thankful that she was able to meet Anna and spend the second week of Anna's life here with us. I do feel sadness that Jeanette will not be a physical part of Anna's life, but know that the legacy of faith, kindness and love that she left will be something that is forever a part of Anna's identity. Although there is a little sadness today, it is also a day to dwell on the wonderful woman she was and the God who she loved and shaped her into that person.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me cry. I only met her a few times, but I felt like I had known her for a long time. I know that she was a wonderful woman who influenced the men in her life. I thank God that one of those men is my son-in-law, Mark.

    ReplyDelete