Monday, April 26, 2010

Finally Forty

So, it happened. 8 days ago, I turned 40! I keep getting asked the question.. "So what does it feel like to turn 40?" My only way to answer that right now is BUSY! It feels like I have been going 90 miles an hour non-stop for the past 8 days. Maybe I really am not that busy and I am just getting old and simple things tire me out. :-) I did go to bed at 8:30 PM last Saturday night and I am becoming interested in bird watching. I even ate at a cafeteria twice last week (it was at the hospital where my dad was a patient, but still!)

In spite of the busy schedule, I did have a nice birthday. Mark threw me a birthday party with a GLEE theme. My sister made slushies to fit with the GLEE theme and my Uncle Paul made a DELICIOUS cake. I was blessed by many friends and some wonderful gifts. Thanks to the generosity of several friends and family members I was able to compile some birthday money and gift cards treat myself to a brand new IPOD Touch. I bought it on Friday, but as of right now it is still in the box. Maybe things will slow down and I can actually use it. :-) I also received my very own Snuggie and a Hummingbird Feeder! Since I am getting older, it will be good to use the Snuggie to stay warm while I wait for the hummingbirds to come. :-)

Thanks to everyone who made it a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment