Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Need a Vacation

Today is the last day of my self-imposed blogging challenge and after 7 days I guess I could say I need a vacation from blogging. :-) This exercise has reminded me that I did commit to blogging more frequently in 2011 so hopefully I will continue.

Anyway, on to the topic of this post...In the near future, we are going on vacation. (I am not saying the exact dates in the event that someone decides to come rob my house. Although if you find out the dates and have plans to do that, let me know and I will make a list of the things that I would like to replace in the house and you can take those.) :-) Other than a trip to Disney, I cannot remember looking forward to a vacation as much as this one. Maybe it is because we are going in our new minivan. :-) However, I think it has more to do with the fact that I am looking forward to getting away and a change of scenery. We have done some day trips and fun activities locally, but it will be great to get out of town and away for an extended period.

Our final destination is Mitchell, South Dakota because Mark is in a wedding there. However, we are going to take our time getting there. We are hoping to stop at Wisconsin Dells, WI and Walnut Grove, MN...as well as some other places along the way. I am so excited! It will be fun to see some new places and get away from Indiana!

If you have any suggestions of two year old friendly activities in these locations, I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. not sure how out of the way it is...but why not mall of america?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait.. walnut grove like little house on the prairie walmut grove?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeSmet, SD home of Laura Ingalls Wilder
    in Mitchell don't forget to see the Corn Palace 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately go to DeSmet--We go to this place
    http://www.ingallshomestead.com/
    almost every year since my girl was barely walking--lots of fun, worth the price if it's not too hot--lots of Laura recreation goodness, usually baby kittens, ride the miniature ponies...The "in-town" official stuff is fun to see much, but most of it is "no touching". (The homestead is "please touch") If you make it as far north as Aberdeen, my kids always love this place too: http://www.southdakotabeautiful.com/northeast-south-dakota-tourism/59-storybook-land-wylie-park-aberdeen-south-dakota.html (Storybook land--and it is FREE)--you can always drop in on my folks, too :) They live in Huron now, about an hour from Mitchell. The corn palace is interesting, doesn't take long to see, the doll house museum across the street may not be worth it yet--it is a "no touching museum".

    ReplyDelete