Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS

Happy 2011 Everyone!! I have really enjoyed reading other people's blogs with their goals and resolutions for this year. I thought this would be a good opportunity to do the same. :-) I have decided that I need to be sure have goals and resolutions that are attainable and that I know I can reach. So here are the goals that I KNOW I can do...
  1. Watch every episode that has ever been made of Dora The Explorer
  2. Eat Candy EVERY DAY...and large amounts of it
  3. Get addicted to AT LEAST 3 new reality shows on TV
  4. Spend lots of money on new clothes
  5. Dedicate a large amount of my time to frivolous games and activities on the computer and Facebook
  6. Eat out A LOT
  7. Watch every episode of GLEE multiple times
These are goals that I know I can accomplish, but not seriously my goals for 2011. Here are the real ones:
  1. Exercise at least 3 times a week-Mark and I actually signed a contract where we get rewarded and punished for meeting or not meeting our goals. The reward for the person who exercises the most minutes this week is a SLEEP-IN Day. If that doesn't motivate me to get my butt moving, then I don't know what will. :-)
  2. Read the entire Bible this year. I signed up for a plan at youversion.com that helps me track my progress. My OCD brain LOVES this! :-) They have lots of great plans to choose from for everyone.
  3. Blog on a more frequent basis.
  4. Have a weekly family devotional time with Mark and Anna.
  5. Read AT LEAST 40 books this year. They have to be a combination of personal/spiritual growth, professional growth and pleasure reading.
  6. Complete Scrapbooks of Anna's 1st 2 years of life. Since I have started doing digital scrapbooking, I might actually be able to accomplish this. :-)
  7. Memorize 2 verses of Scripture every month. I stole this idea from my friend Tracy's blog who is doing Beth Moore's Siesta Memory Verse plan. I am not going to Beth's plan, but love the idea of memorizing more scripture.
  8. Fit comfortably into a pair of pre-pregnancy pants. :-)

So there you have it...the things I hope to accomplish in 2011. Since I am planning to blog more, I guess there will be more posted on this throughout the year. :-) However, I want that SLEEP-IN Day so I need to get off the computer and get moving.

Happy 2011!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Goals!!! Good Luck!! I love reading your blog!

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan. Got a team?

    ReplyDelete