Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Weekend



THIS is where I will be spending my weekend. SWEET HOME CHICAGO!! Chicago is one my favorite places in the world (aside from Disney World, of course). I am going to a Children's Ministry Conference with 5 other ladies who are on my team. I am excited to spend some time with these ladies and hopefully learn a lot from the conference...not to mention that I am hoping to eat some delicious pizza and maybe even a Chicago Dog or some Chicago Style popcorn. :-)


However, I am also a little bit anxious about this conference. This is the first time that I have left Anna overnight since she has been born. I know many of you may think this is crazy since she is almost 3, but I just haven't done it. I am not sure why I am anxious about it. I know everything will be fine. She is getting a Daddy/Daughter weekend and will probably have way more fun than she would if I were home. Mark is an amazing dad and I am not AT ALL worried about his ability to care for Anna over the weekend (except maybe in the area of fashion and hair...so if you see them in public and Anna is missing her pants or her hair is a crazy mess just remember that Daddy is doing the best he can in that area.) :-) I think it just more selfishness than anything else...I simply am going to miss her (and Mark, too.)


I just have to pray and trust that this is going to be a great weekend for everyone. I hope that it is for you too!

2 comments:

  1. I totally "get it" - every moment you have with her and Mark is a precious gift, and being away from them feels like missing out!! You (AND THEY) will have a great weekend and come Sunday (or Monday - depending on when you get back)you'll have fun stories and lots of hugs to catch up on!! Have a safe and wonderful trip, Amy - - - enjoy the windy city, and have a slice of Giordano's or a bite of Portillo's for me!!! :) HUGS!! xoxo - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you said missing her pants to be funny...but it can happen. My brother-in-law once brought my niece over to my mother-in-law's house with a longish shirt on, tights, and no pants. "Lou," my sister-in-law asked him, "Where are Allison's pants?" Long story short, he thought she was wearing a dress. I mean, the shirt was NOT that long. Dad's can have clothing issues. Lay out her clothes, for Anna's sake.

    ReplyDelete