Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Need to Get Off My Butt and Get to the Gym!!

The title of my blog basically says it all...I have been very lazy about exercising for the past year and a half (or longer.) We have a membership at the YMCA that has a very nice cardio room and lots of fitness classes. If that weren't enough, we also have Wii Fit, tons of exercise DVD's, a medicine ball, an ab ball and various weights right here at the house. And yet, I do not use them on a consistent basis.

I have a ton of excuses, with the biggest one being Anna. I sometimes feel like I already spend enough time away from her that I do not want to leave her more time to go to the gym or take time away from her at home to exercise. I have recently realized that this is just ridiculous. First of all, at the YMCA, they have childcare where she can play while I work out. Secondly, I realized that I need to leave her to exercise so that I won't leave her permanently because I have not taken care of myself.

So anyway...I am committing to MAKING myself exercise at least 3 days a week from this point on. There I said it...and am putting it out there in the blogosphere for the world to see. Maybe by publishing this I will actually get off my butt and get to the gym. :-)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl,we all need to take care of our seleves.
    Cousin Lark

    ReplyDelete