Thursday, October 7, 2010

Anniversary


Today is my 4th wedding anniversary!! I am so blessed to have such a great man in my life. Here are some amazing and fun facts about Mark Osterhout:
*He owns 2 keyboards, 5 guitars, 3 trumpets, 1 trombone and a bunch of others....and plays them all well.
*He is a great dad!!
*Our cat likes him way better than me. :-)
*He doesn't like dishes in the sink and does something about it. He almost exclusively is the one who loads and unloads the dishwasher.
*He loves silly cartoons and shows.
*I knew I was going to marry him on our 2nd date when he was singing a solo in a foreign language in at choir performance. (The song was called "Riu Chiu Chiu" and I think it was about a dog...so romantic!!) :-)
*He had never been to a football game before we got married.
*He loves putting frosting on a cake (and eating it.)
*He runs really fast...he probably could have been a track star if he had pursued it in his younger days.
*When we were planning our wedding, he basically gave me free reign as to what to do...except in the music department. He had very specific ideas about that!
*He proposed to me after watching Season 1 of The Muppet Show.
*His middle name is Rogers.
*His favorite place in the world is in a canoe in the middle of lake.
*He loves to cook breakfast foods: omelettes, pancakes, etc.
*He likes to play tennis.
*He sang "Some Enchanted Evening" to me at our wedding...and people still talk to me about it.
*He swore that he would never go back to teaching, but he did and he loves it!! (I am so proud of him for that!!)
*He could probably live without a TV, but watches TV with me just because I like it.
*He has written a ton of songs.
*He puts up with me and all my craziness!!
*He is serious about his faith in God and putting it into action.
*He is a fantastic husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, I am so lucky to have him in my life! He was well worth the 36 year wait!!! Love you Mark!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary...I am blessed reading your blog. May God grant you many more years. Congratulations to Mark too, please. Hope that maybe someday I will get to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people! I don'[t get to spend much time with either of you, but I love to watch you both! So much joy there! It also shows in your beautiful daughter how much you love each other! Many many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete